This blog was created in response to a request I received to share what Christ teaches me as I journey with Him on sabbatical. In Psalm 36 the psalmist says that in God's light we see light. I view this time that has been set apart to rest with Jesus as a chance to change my perspective so that I may see more clearly through His eyes, and my hope is that light will never look the same to me again.
Thursday, April 26, 2012
It Begins (Actually, technically... it has begun)
On the Friday of my last day at work it did not really feel like I wouldn't be coming back to Target on Monday and so I figured I should save some room in my schedule on Saturday to make sure I processed the transition. This was a good idea since I had a lot of mixed emotions when I woke up in the morning, however after a few hours talking to God about it and a long stop in Psalm 84 I felt like I was ready to move into this new cadence of life. I am definitely going to miss seeing my friends from Target everyday, yet I am excited for the opportunity to meet even more people and to hear their stories. So far no day of this sabbatical time has been the same, there has been a flurry of getting things sorted and packed and moved and seeing good friends and praying and acknowledgment of how big a role that joy plays in breaking up fields of sorrow or confusion. Joyfulness is a theme I have been camped on for a few weeks as Dave Andros presented on it during a prayer team training session at my church (New Hope Church) and it has rung very true with me that I do need to look for and dwell on joy producing moments/people and things so that when adversity comes I am quickly reminded why the joy of the Lord is my strength.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cass, I hope your travels went well today. I am so glad I could catch you before you began this journey! I am excited to catch up on your blog as you write about your travels. God Bless you Cassad Rae, you are blessing to me and so many people you touch daily! Love you. Naomi
ReplyDeleteAnd you were worried about a creative name? I love it, and I love the colors (so you)! I'm going to miss you lots but thankful for this blog. I love you! Mere
ReplyDeleteCassie, we will miss you at Target but I am so grateful that you heard and responded to the urging of the Lord. I look forward to being encouraged and inspired by what God will share through your experience. Blessings! Sharina
ReplyDelete